Director，Tianjin Key Laboratory of Cancer Immunology and Biotherapy
1984.09~1989.07 Bachelor, Department of Clinical Medicine, Tianjin Second Medical College, Tianjin, P.R. China
1993.09~1996.07 M.S., Department of Internal medicine, Norman Bethune Medical University, Jilin, P.R. China
2003.09~2006.07 Ph.D., Department of Oncology, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, P.R. China
Professor Xiubao Ren has been engaged in cancer biotherapy and medical oncology for nearly 30 years. He was elected as the National Personnel Ministry "Millions of Talents" in 2012 and acquired the Special Government Allowances of the State Council.
Prof. Ren’s main area of expertise includes tumor biotherapy, tumor microenvironment, new therapeutic strategies and clinical trials. His group developed large-scale CIK cell culture technology and carried out the first CFDA-approved clinical trial of CIK cell therapy for solid tumors in China. They also carried out in-depth basic research on CIK treatment and launched a multi-center clinical trial in the country, which had resulted in more than 20 relevant publications.
In addition, His group focused on immune microenvironment in tumor and explored the relationship between MDSC and Breg. Recently, some new therapeutic strategy has been investigated and applied such as TCR-T, CAR-T, and tumor vaccine.
1. Wang Y, Zhao N, Wu Z, Pan N, Shen X, Liu T, Wei F, You J, Xu W, Ren X. New insight on the correlation of metabolic status on 18F-FDG PET/CT with immune marker expression in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2019 Sep 9. PMID:31502013. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00259-019-04500-7
2. Sun Q, Zhang X, Wang L, Gao X, Xiong Y, Liu L, Wei F, Yang L, Ren X. T-cell receptor gene therapy targeting melanoma-associated antigen-A4 by silencing of endogenous TCR inhibits tumor growth in mice and human. Cell Death Dis. 2019 Jun 17;10(7):475. PMID: 31209257. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6572850/
3. Guo C, Zhao H, Wang Y, Bai S , Yang Z , Wei F , Ren X. Prognostic Value of the Neo-Immunoscore in Renal Cell Carcinoma. Front Oncol. 2019 May 28;9:439. PMID: 31192136. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fonc.2019.00439/full
4. Sun Q, Li S, Wang Y, Peng H, Zhang X, Zheng Y, Li X, Li L, Chen R, Chen X, Bai W, Jiang X, Liu L, Wei F, Wang B, Zhang Y, Li H, Ren X*, Zhang H*. Phosphoglyceric acid mutase-1 contributes to oncogenic mTOR-mediated tumor growth and confers non-small cell lung cancer patients with poor prognosis. Cell Death and Differentiation, 2018 Jan 23. PMID: 29362480.https://www.nature.com/articles/s41418-017-0034-y
5. Shen M#, Wang J#, Yu W, Zhang C, Liu M, Wang K, Yang L, Wei F, Wang E*, Sun Q*, Ren X*. A novel MDSC-induced PD-1-PD-L1+ B-cell subset in breast tumor microenvironment possesses immuno-suppressive properties. OncoImmunology. 2017. PMID: 29632731.https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/2162402X.2017.1413520
6. Zhao H, Xu C, Luo X, Wei F, Wang N, Shi H, Ren X. Seroprevalence of Neutralizing Antibodies against Human Adenovirus Type-5 and Chimpanzee Adenovirus Type-68 in Cancer Patients. Front Immunol. 2018 Mar 7;9:335. PMID: 29563911. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2018.00335/full
7. Li R, Li H, Sun Q, Liu L, Zhang C, Ren X. Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase regulates T cell activity through Vav1/Rac pathway. Mol Immunol. 2017 Jan;81:102-107. PMID: 27930920.https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0161589016302577
8. Liu L, Zhang L, Yang L, Li H, Li R, Yu J, Yang L, Wei F, Yan C, Sun Q, Zhao H, Yang F, Jin H, Wang J, Wang SE, Ren X. Anti-CD47 Antibody As a Targeted Therapeutic Agent for Human Lung Cancer and Cancer Stem Cells. Front Immunol. 2017 Apr 21;8:404. PMID: 28484448.https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2017.00404/full
9. Wang K, Wang J, Wei F, Zhao N, Yang F, Ren X. Expression of TLR4 in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Is Associated with PD-L1 and Poor Prognosis in Patients Receiving Pulmonectomy. Front Immunol. 2017 Apr 21;8:456. PMID: 28484456.https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2017.00456/full
10. Hui Z, Zhang X, Ren B, Li R, Ren X. Rapid Response of Advanced Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with Thrombocytopenia after First-Line Treatment with Pembrolizumab Plus Autologous Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells. Front Immunol. 2015 Dec 17;6:633. PMID: 26734004.https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2015.00633/full