The professional team of symptom management in Tianjin medical university cancer hospital was established in 2009, and engaged senior symptom control experts from Hong Kong as well as the director of the department of integrated traditional Chinese and western medicine and the director of the department of pain control as training consultants. The professional group, with the slogan of "alleviating disease symptoms and playing the strong sound of life", has gradually formed an excellent specialized nursing group with broad coverage and strong professionalism after ten years of continuous attempts and explorations.
In order to improve the accuracy of symptom management, the group was divided into pain group, nutrition group, fatigue group and nausea and vomiting group. At present, the professional group has trained more than 40 specialized nurses in symptom control, including 38 undergraduates and 3 postgraduates. These specialized nurses are distributed in different departments of the hospital and play a great role in the control and management of symptoms in our hospital
Activities and achievements
The objective of the professional group is to relieve or alleviate the physical and mental pain caused by tumor patients' pain and other discomfort symptoms through early identification and comprehensive evaluation.To provide various related services for cancer patients and their families as far as possible, so that patients and their families can get the greatest degree of support, comfort and care, so as to improve their quality of life.
Since the establishment of Symptom Control professional group in 2009, remarkable achievements have been made in scientific research, health education, communication and training, establishment of painless hospital, vomiting free ward and rehabilitation of traditional Chinese medicine.
1. Scientific research The symptom control group designed a new temperature -- pain assessment form in 2010,and obtained a project of introduce new technology into the health system to fill in the gaps, and promoted it in the whole hospital and Tianjin. The group members worked together to compile books such as "publicity manual for common symptoms of advanced cancer patients" and "guidelines for home care for advanced cancer patients", which provided scientific support for symptom management of cancer patients during hospitalization and home stay. The team members carry out scientific research actively, and have published more than 20 papers in core journals. Through the exchange and sharing of cutting-edge knowledge, the vision of nursing staff is broadened and the development space of symptom nursing is enhanced.
2. Health education A comprehensive symptom management health seminar was held, team members in addition to hold symptom management related education lectures regularly within the department and hospital, the last two weeks of a month on Tuesday in the outpatient health lecture hall for the outpatient service patient and family to control the symptoms of self-care knowledge lectures, improve the clinic symptoms of the patient and family management ability.
3. Exchange and training Our hospital has always placed the cultivation of talents and the improvement of professional level in an important position. Since the establishment of the symptom control group, we have formulated detailed personnel training plans according to the continuing education of medical care, which has continuously improved the theoretical level and clinical work ability of the group members. At the same time, we insist on expanding foreign exchange, actively participate in academic exchange activities at home and abroad and have received many foreign friends to visit our hospital.
4. The establishment of painless hospital Assisted and promoted the construction of "painless hospital" project of our hospital, assisted the hospital and the nursing department to train all the nursing staff in 6 pain pilot wards, refined and systematized the management of pain patients. Strengthen the whole-process management of cancer pain, establish an effective pain management program, and promote and apply it in the whole staff, and constantly improve and optimize the implementation process, so as to implement the standardized management of pain in each department and realize the whole-process file management of data.
5. No vomiting ward building To improve the quality of survival of patients with chemotherapy, reduce chemotherapy associated nausea and vomiting (CINV) related discomfort symptoms, department of pulmonary oncology in our hospital medical establishment "no vomiting ward promotion ward" in November 2016, by doctors, nurses, pharmacists, psychological consultant, nutritionist for the integration of MDT team lead, establish a "assessment - implementation - watch - follow-up evaluation " as the main line of ward management practices, standardize the chemotherapy anti-nausea scheme, and assisted the nursing methods of aromatic essential oil point massage management CINV symptoms, become the generalized vomiting chemotherapy ward in east China, So far, it has helped more than 1000 patients with nausea and vomiting after chemotherapy.
6. Traditional Chinese medicine rehabilitation technology Traditional Chinese medicine nursing technology takes the meridian theory as the core, through stimulating specific parts, to pass the meridian, regulate qi and blood to adjust Yin and Yang and achieve the purpose of disease prevention and treatment. The rehabilitation techniques of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) are actively promoted in the ward, mainly including hyperthermia, moxibustion, fumigation of TCM, acupuncture and moxibustion, acupoint massage, aromatherapy, etc. Help patients effectively alleviate symptoms. TCM rehabilitation techniques have been unanimously recognized by patients and their families due to their advantages such as less trauma and fewer side effects.